This entry will be a preview/ review/ getting ready with me entry on the pieces I got from the Chanel Le Rouge collection No1 – currently available!
As the name states, this is a collection all about RED… and Chanel does red so sexily, so elegantly and so effortlessly. I love how this collection is all red tones, yet wearable, and so classic. For story information – please click on this entry here
Just a quick overview of the products which really stood out to me:
- JOUES CONTRASTE Rouge Profond – this red blusher is intense, and you want to be careful with it, I like the soft satin finish of the blush, and gives your cheeks a healthy flush
- LES 4 OMBRES Candeur et Expérience – this palette is very wearable – the highlight of this palette is the red of course, and it has just the right amount of brown in it to not scream crazy red eyes when you use it, which is not a good look. In my LOTD I used the red mainly on my eyelids – and I blended it out up to the crease with the softer browns in this palette. The result is a reddish toned neutral eye – not cranberry toned (which is redder I guess?) which I sometimes try to do and always end up not liking it. It is quite a made up look, but if you want to tone it down, you can always go for the 3 other browns in the palette. The quality of each shade is very fine, and there is no detectable shimmer/ glitter bits at all.
- STYLO YEUX WATERPROOF Éros – this is a very soft creamy metallic red eyeliner. I used this to lightly line my lower lids. It stayed on pretty well for several hours, and goes on really smoothly.
- ILLUSION D’OMBRE VELVET Rouge Contraste – this is a deep dark reddish brown eyeshadow, and I used it to line my upper lids. You can use it as a base of course, for a really intense smokey eyes, but I am not really into dark smokey eyes, and this works great to define your eyes when you use a liner brush to apply.
- LE VERNIS GLOSS Rouge Radical – this is very cute, like a more playful version of your usual red nail polish colour. One coat gives you a jelly glassy effect, and the colour payoff is pretty intense for a ‘gloss’. LE VERNIS Rouge Puissant is a rich red that is opaque in one coat, though I would apply two for maximum shine.
- All the Rouge Allure Velvet – they are all gorgeous interpretations of the red colour, and each of them have subtle differences in their undertone. I personally prefer ROUGE ALLURE VELVET Rouge Feu which is a soft matte bright cherry red. My sister loves the formula and colour of the ROUGE ALLURE Rouge Tentation which is a creamier formula, and the shade is a deeper red which she prefers.
- LE CRAYON LÈVRES Séduction which is a beautiful red lip pencil. It glides on smoothly, and the colour will go with many red lippies that you already have.. especially those reds with a berry deeper tone. It also blends it nicely without leaving a harsh line.
Overall, this is a stunning collection with wearable reds that will flatter most skintones. If I have to pick three items from this collection, I would go for the eyeshadow quad – it is really unique, intense and offers endless possibilities for wearing. I would also pick the lip pencil – it is such a fancy thing to do, holding a Chanel pencil in your hand, filling in your lips. Lastly, you got pick at least one of the Rouge Allure, there will be at least one which appeals to you.. and well, I can’t have enough Chanel red lipsticks.. hehe.
Here are the swatches:
Some application pictures:
Everything else I used on my face:
That’s all for this entry, and I hope you find this overview useful! Thank you for reading!