My last entry was 5 months ago.
This is not a decision which I consciously made. Things just took over, and I just didn’t feel the urge to post anything.
There won’t be any pictures in this entry, it is just a spur of the moment urge to update. I probably shouldn’t be spending anytime here, but sometimes distractions are necessary.
A few reasons why I have not been blogging – I won’t say that I have STOPPED or QUIT, I just simply did not post anything. I don’t think I will ever quit nor shut down the blog.
- My computer (my macbook pro) is really old and laggy and using it to process photos and write is really a chore.
- I have such a horrible backlog situation that I don’t know where to start.
- I have not been using a lot of different makeup products to share. And I hate to post entries where I only show you flatlays or swatches on my hands without really using them. Along with that, I have stopped attending or responding to many makeup brands that invite me to preview their collections. I figure there are a lot more other ‘influencers’ and beauty bloggers who can do a more timely and better job than I. You find that I am only sticking to my fave brands that I have worked with for years and year, because I am genuinely interested in everything they do. Like NARS and Chanel, and the few skincare brands which I love.
- I am busy. Work, new house, family stuff have all taken my mind away from blogging lately. I feel like I am constantly catching up everywhere, and when I have moments to myself, I just want to get some yoga done, have a meal by myself, or just breathe and do nothing.
What is going to happen in the rest of the year:
- I am going to buy a new computer, hopefully by June. But I also feel like buying a Goyard bag. Hmm.
- Now that I have my own place, and my own beauty room, perhaps it might be more organised and easier for me to start blogging again. Provided I get my new computer. We will see how that goes.
- I am almost fully moved into my new place. As you can see from my instagram – it is all I am thinking of these days. The renovation was smooth sailing, and I am so happy with the results. I didn’t hire any designer, I choose everything, and I planned everything myself. This is a major milestone, and I am super excited.
- Regardless, I hope to start updating again in June when I am more settled. It’s been a rough past month shuffling out of boxes, moving stuff, clearing out my old space. But I am almost there.
- I did a couple rounds of a ‘thermage-like’ treatment, and I think it is pretty awesome – even more so if you have more visible concerns than me. I think I need to share about this, but I just need to get into the right frame of mind to do so.
- I also micro-bladed my brows a couple of days ago. The amount of time saved in doing my face in the morning – PRICELESS.
Hope everyone is doing well, and thanks for reading!